*The Sumner Co. Retired Teacher's Association will meet at the First Baptist Church, Mains St., Gallatin with registration beginning at 11 a.m., Call W. Flowers at 615-644-2761 by June 11 to reserve your free meal provided by Pinnacle Financial Service, of Hendersonville. All newly retired teachers should have received an invitation in the mail inviting them to this luncheon in their honor. Call and make a reservation.
* Father/Daughter Fun Day will be hosted by The Women's Ministry of Rome Missionary Baptist Church located at 1277 Avondale Rd Hendersonville from 12 p.m.-2 p.m. There will be plenty of food, fun games and fellowship. A $5 donation is requested. You may also bring a son, nephew or any other child that you think would enjoy this time of fun.
* The Beech Historic Cemetery Association will hold its annual meeting on at Beech Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 3216 Long Hollow Pike, Hendersonville, following the 11 o'clock Morning Worship Service in the Sanctuary. It will include the election of persons to serve on the Board of Trustee, financial report and collection of funds for the upkeep and maintenance of the cemetery. The upkeep and maintenance of the cemetery is funded by contributions made by family and friends of those buried in the cemetery. If you are unable to attend, contributions may be mailed or given to R. L. (Bobby) Worsham, 2030 New Hope Road, Hendersonville, TN 37075, or Sarah Elizer Ezell, 787 New Shackle Island Rd., Hendersonville, TN 37075.
*Gallatin Public Library Programs for the Month of June & July
- Crocheting (Ages 18+) on Tuesdays from 1 - 3 p.m. - Please bring your own crocheting materials.
- Tea Time (Ages 18+) on Fridays starting at 3 p.m. - A British film or TV show is presented via projector with tea & cookies.
- BINGO (All Ages) on Wednesdays at 2:45 p.m. - Free to play and you win small prizes.
- Summer Reading Program 2017 is for all ages! Read for a chance to win prizes!
- Children/Family Events: Animal Tales Visit, Bruce Amato Magic Show, Runaway Puppet Theater, Snowbird Visit, and A Royal Visit: Cinderella & Prince Charming start at 10:30 a.m. on Fridays! Pick up a calendar for details.
*Lambuth Memorial United Methodist Church will be hosting an Alzeheimer's support group the first Tuesday of each month from 7-9 p.m. The address is 1042 Hartsville Pike, Gallatin. There is no fee, and no reservations required; (615) 452-3715.