Some Gallatin roads will be getting less bumpy within the next year.
The Gallatin City Council approved a scope of work for the city's 2017-18 pavement rehabilitation program on July 25. The paving list, which includes work to 32 streets across all of the city's five districts, is estimated to cost approximately $1 million to complete.
"We take into consideration all of the defects that a roadway has," City Engineer Nick Tuttle said about the department's rating system that ranks which streets are in the worst condition. "Depending on the type of defect that it may have, our scale is weighted to things that are worse. We take into consideration how much use the road receives as well."
Paving is expected to take until sometime in December and will resume in April. Officials hope to have the entire list completed by the start of the next fiscal year on July 1.
Roads included in city's rehabilitation program list for the upcoming year are:
- Cairo Road from the city limits to 1579 Airport Road
- Kraft Street from Hartsville Pike to Sumner County Board of Education property
- Hampton Place from Broadway to East Main Street
- Lancaster Court (entire street)
- Canterbury Court (entire street)
- Chief Billy Crook Memorial Boulevard from Main Street to West Franklin Street
- Flatstone Drive from Buffalo Ridge to the cul-de-sac
- Lakewind Drive from Coles Ferry Road to Woodvale Drive
- Maple Street from Spencer Street to the three lane section
- Woodvale Drive from Coles Ferry Road to Woodcrest Drive
- Ryan Court (entire street)
- Callie Court from Savannah Avenue east to Box No. 548
- Savannah Court (entire street)
- Hitchcock Avenue from South Water to Hale Avenue
- Hitchcock Street from Lock 4 Road to S.R. 109
- Rockwood Terrace (entire street)
- Buckingham Boulevard from 350 Buckingham Blvd. to 427 Buckingham Blvd.
- Laurie Lane and Ronald Court from Lock 4 to the end / Laurie Lane to the end
- GreenLea Boulevard from Browns Lane to west of the roundabout
- GreenLea Boulevard from Nashville Pike to south of Stonebridge Drive
- Buckingham Boulevard from 350 Buckingham Blvd. To 427 Buckingham Blvd.
- St. Blaise Road from Nashville Pike to joint
- Douglas Bend from S.R. 6 to end of curbing
- Elizabeth Court (entire street)
- Willowlake Drive (entire street)
- Longboat Court (entire street)
- Longboat Drive from Browns Lane to Inneswood
- Big Station Camp Boulevard from Sumner Station to Wellington Farms
- Big Station Camp Boulevard from north of the railroad to south of S.R. 386
- Locust Avenue South from Main Street to West Smith Street
- Locust Avenue South from West Bledsoe to West Winchester
- South Pardue Street from East Main Street to East Bledsoe
- Hatten Track from North Water to the dead end
- Walnut Crest Drive from Long Hollow Pike to Red River Road
- Anthony Street from Small Street to Carson Street