Welcome to Main Street Preps’ Fab 15 Midstate boys basketball power rankings.
Here’s a look at how Nashville-area and Midstate teams stack up 1-15, across all classes.
1. Beech (19-0): The Buccaneers have handled every test thrown at them, with 11 wins by 20 points or more. Beech has talent beyond Kristian Shaw and Andrew Paige, which is scary.
This week’s record: 1-0 (Defeated Green Hill, 67-56)
Next game: Jan. 11 at Station Camp
2. Brentwood Academy (12-0): The Eagles have a case for No. 1. Their non-region schedule was difficult. A seasoned cast surrounds sophomore guard Tyler Tanner.
This week’s record: Has not played
Next game: Saturday vs. Lipscomb Academy
3. Cane Ridge (9-6): Brandon Miller’s dunk against Overton stole headlines, but this might have been even bigger: Senior guard Ryan Oliver returned from injury and put up 21 points, eight rebounds and eight assists.
This week’s record: 1-0 (Defeated Overton, 89-71)
Next game: Jan. 11 at Antioch
4. Ensworth (12-2): Vanderbilt signee Malik Dia looks more polished than ever, which will make life tough for opponents inside. The Tigers are averaging over 70 points per game and holding teams below 60.
This week’s record: 1-0 (Defeated MBA, 73-44)
Next game: Saturday at Lexington Catholic (Kentucky)
5. CPA (11-3): Jake Dykstra and Evan Shiftlet picked up the scoring mantle after star Braeden Moore transferred. CPA gave No. 1 Beech all it could handle in a 76-72 loss earlier this season.
This week’s record: 1-0 (Defeated Father Ryan 56-43)
Next game: Jan. 11 at MBA
6. Lebanon (15-3): Junior standout Jarred Hall has been out of the lineup recently. His return should help the Blue Devils get back to their winning ways.
This week’s record: 0-1 (Lost to Ravenwood 47-35)
Next game: Jan. 11 at Wilson Central
7. Columbia (11-2): Q Martin has been a steady scoring presence for the Lions, who have lost once dating back to Nov. 20.
This week’s record: 1-0 (Defeated Oakland 84-76)
Next game: Jan. 11 at Page
8. East Nashville (12-2): The Eagles are riding a five-game win streak since losing to CPA.
This week’s record: Did not play
Next game: Jan. 11 vs. KIPP
9. Pope Prep (11-4): The Knights have quietly put together a nice resume, with wins over Columbia and Lipscomb Academy. Their only losses since Dec. 1 are against Beech and Brentwood Academy.
This week’s record: 1-0 (Won at Lipscomb Academy 71-64)
Next game: Jan. 11 vs. Ensworth
10. Father Ryan (9-3): The Irish dropped a tough game at CPA on Tuesday, but own signature wins over Clarksville and Green Hill.
This week’s record: 0-1 (Lost at CPA 56-43)
Next game: Saturday at Franklin Road Academy
11. Cookeville (10-8): The Cavaliers have won four in a row, including a victory over York Institute.
This week’s record: 1-0 (Defeated York Institute 60-48)
Next game: Jan. 11 vs. Green Hill
12. Pickett County (13-3): The Bobcats are riding a five-game win streak. With the Clay County game postponed, fans were robbed of a matchup this week between Clay County’s Grant Strong and Pickett County’s Zach Amonett.
This week’s record: 1-0 (Defeated Clinton County (Kentucky) 64-50)
Next game: Jan. 11 at Clarkrange
13. Green Hill (12-2): The Hawks have dropped two straight, both to quality teams in Father Ryan and Beech. Their signature wins came against Clarksville, Webb School and Summit.
This week’s record: 0-1 (Lost at Beech 67-56)
Next game: Jan. 11 at Cookeville
14. Goodpasture (11-3): With star guard Isaiah West out for the year with an anterior cruciate ligament injury, the Cougars are entering new territory.
This week’s record: 0-1 (Lost to Friendship Christian 46-43)
Next game: Jan. 11 vs. Ezell-Harding
15. Friendship Christian (11-4): It’s hard to deny the Commanders, who now own signature wins over Goodpasture and York Institute.
This week’s record: 1-0 (Defeated Goodpasture 46-43)
Next game: Jan. 11 vs. Davidson Academy