NASHVILLE – The Station Camp Bison jumped out in front of the Hunters Lane Warriors early and coasted to a 53-0 victory on Friday night.

The Bison held a 34-0 halftime lead and never looked back. Station Camp coach Shaun Hollinsworth was pleased with his team’s performance both during the game and the practice field during the week.

“Discipline in practice is what we wanted to have this week,” Hollinsworth said. “We came out tonight and showed how we are capable of playing and it starts with the week of practice.”

The Bison bounced back after a hard-fought loss to Rossview last week, while the Warriors continued their struggles from last week’s defeat at the hands of Beech.

“Turnovers and costly penalties have killed us at times this year,” Hollinsworth said. “We’ve played some good football teams this year, and you aren’t going to beat good teams by shooting yourself in the foot.”

Station Camp jumped on top early in the first quarter when Justin Black ran in a 10-yard touchdown, giving the Bison a 6-0 lead. A few minutes later, the Bison increased their lead to 13-0 when Blaine Forte ran in an 11-yard touchdown.

De’Evan Baker got into the mix at the start of the second quarter, scoring on a 2-yard plunge after a short punt set Station Camp up at the Hunters Lane 26-yard line. Terry Bradley joined the touchdown club, running in a 1-yard score and giving the Bison a 28-0 lead a little less than half way through the second frame.

Baker found the end zone again right before halftime, this time from just 1 yard out, giving the Bison a 34-0 lead at the break.

Jevon Battle found the end zone on a 4-yard touchdown, giving Station Camp a 40-0 advantage on the home standing Warriors early in the third quarter. From there, the mercy rule was invoked as the rest of the game was contested with the use of a running clock.

However, that didn’t keep the Bison from adding more points to their lead, as Dominic Delfratte ran in a 13-yard touchdown scamper, making it 46-0. Luke Sinard put a cap on the scoring, recovering a fumble in the end zone for the eighth Bison touchdown of the night, and the first by the defense, which held on for its first shutout of the season.

The Bison improve to 3-3 on the year, and travel to Lebanon next Friday night for a region tilt with the Blue Devils.

“We are going to have to bring our A game next week,” Hollinsworth said. “We changed some of the things we do this week in practice, and I hope it proves well for next week.”

Recommended for you